To maintain proper accounting records, processes, accounts payable and other disbursements, as well as manage payroll and benefits on behalf of the organization. To perform internal audits following SOX regulatory framework, in order to assess the adequacy of controls, ensure compliance and good business practices. To prepare an easy to read summary of the comprehensive annual financial reports and support the CFO on the decision- making process.
Main responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the daily basis accounting and analysis
- Receive and code all non- billable Accounts Payable
- Responsible for payroll related to 40 employees in two locations. A Share Service in US processes Accounting and Payroll. Be the local key contact for the Share Service team in US.
- Responsible to process all payroll changes, calculation of vacation, offer letters, termination letters and main contact for benefits and payroll taxes.
- Accounting and Reconciliations (Limited to the local accounts only)
- Responsible for Accounts Payable
- Monthly Reporting and Forecast. Monthly forecast update and variance analysis
- Main contact in Canada to answer queries from the Controller group in NY. He will be the local key contact for the Controllers group in NY.
- Responsible for SOX compliance and internal controls
- Responsible for filing and control of HST, Payroll taxes and Corporate Taxes, in Ontario and Quebec.
- Responsible for month-end and reporting schedules
- Prepare several financial analysis including client services agreement, revenue recognition, etc
- Support CFO on business analysis and decision-making
- Answer corporate taxes queries from CRA.
The Chief Financial Officer will conduct the interview process and the Controller Group based out of New York City.
The Controller, will report to Chief Financial Officer and will provide support with business analysis and decision- making. External Business Relationship primarily will be with Vendors in terms of Account Payable. The Controller will not have people under his /her supervision.
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum 12 years demonstrated experience in similar roles with comparable responsibilities and achievements is required to perform this position. The individual must be proficient with Excel and Word and ideally knowledgeable in Hyperion. CA or CGA Designation is required.
Advertising or Media Industry experience is a must, in order to fully understand the dynamics and business cycle of an Advertising Agency, methodologies, processes and terminology commonly used. At least 4 years of exposure to Public Companies is preferred. Additionally
It is required at least two full cycle SOX implementations, ensuring the organization is in compliance with the highest standards and regulations.
Experience in restructuring processes is highly valuable. The individual needs to know, how to manage the work in progress and revenue recognition.
Affable, upbeat, diligent, committed, proactive and motivated are important traits to be assessed. In addition, excellent oral communication skills and analytical thinking is an asset. Work well under pressure, multitasking and ability to prioritize with competing tasks and responsibilities is very important.
The successful candidate must also be able to take directions and then independently complete the assigned task and comfortable working in a non-structured role, dealing with different priorities on different days.
It is very important that the individual blends in with the corporate culture and be comfortable in a fast pace environment as well as a fast-growing company, ready to move up to the next level.